WELCOME TO INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH SCIENCES (IIHS)
Our Governance structure….
IIHS has four major bodies that control the operation of the institute:
Board of Directors: This is the supreme governing body of the IIHS Ltd. It has a Chairman, Executive Director and Company Secretary as the key authorities, and members of the board.
Governing Council: This is in-charge of the academic programmes of the institute. It advises the Board of Directors on matters regarding the academic programmes. It has a Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, and the Secretary who is the Principal of the Institute, and representatives of the various departments of the Institute and stakeholders in the country.
School Administration: This has the key school authorities that include the Principal, Administrator/PRO, the Bursar/Accountant, and members of the academic and support departments. There is also external Auditors who audit the books of accounts annually.
School Guild Council: This is a body with authority to govern the student population. It has a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Ministers and members who head various departments. The G.C makes its reports and forwards them to the Principal or Administrator.
Meet our Directors and Principal
The key stakeholders of IIHS are as follows:
- Ministry of Education and Sports
- Ministry of Health
- National Council for Higher Education
- Health Facilities in the Region e.g. Hospitals, Health Centres
- Professional Councils e.g Nursing Council, Allied Health Professional Council.
- Various Departments of Local Government
- Health Training Institutions in the Country
- Religious Bodies
- Donor Agencies
- Other relevant organizations/Institutions